Travel Information

 Home / Travel Information

Travel Information

Island Air Charters
This section has been developed to assist our passengers in their quest for trouble-free air travel. We hope you find this information useful. If you have any additional questions please call us at 954-359-9942
Domestic Travel
For travel within the United States, passengers are only required to have some form of official, government or State issued photo ID, such as a driver's license, military ID card, etc, for identification purposes at Transportation Security Administration (TSA) checkpoints.
International Travel     U.S. Citizens

For international travel to and from the United States:

U.S. Citizens

As of September 30, 2007, U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) now requires that ALL U.S. CITIZENS REGARDLESS OF AGE have and present a valid US Passport when re-entering the U.S.

This means that CBP will no longer accept a receipt indicating that you have applied for a U.S. passport but have not yet received it, nor will they accept an expired passport.

Since U.S. Citizens arriving without proper documentation and the airline transporting them are both subject to substantial fines and penalties Island Air Charters will refuse to board any passenger who does not personally possess the valid, proper documentation specified for re-entry.

If you have any questions, please see the CBP website at or the U.S. Department of State website at

We recommend that, if you do not have a valid passport, you take the necessary steps to obtain one sufficiently in advance of your travel date, as - in response to this requirement - the time from applying for a passport and actually receiving it has substantially increased over the usual 10 day to 2 week period. In this regard, our Passenger Service Agents will assist you as best they can.

International Travel     Non-U.S. Citizens

Non-U.S. Citizens

All Non-U.S. Citizens will be required to have and present either a current Alien Registration Card or current foreign passport.

Entry into the Bahamas

Since both the Bahamas and the United States are in the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative, they both require the same form of travel documentation, meaning a current and valid passport or other acceptable government issued identification.

All Non-U.S. Citizens traveling on Island Air Charters should visit the official website of the Bahamas at to obtain the specific documentation required for citizens from their home Country, or contact the Bahama Ministry of Tourism at 954-236-9292